During a cryo session, the body is exposed to a temperature of -110 degrees of dry cold air for 3 minutes. This has an unprecedented number of effects, including more energy, less stress, better sleep and faster recovery after exercise.
Cryotherapy, an ancient method in a 21st century disguise
Cryotherapy is not new. In fact, the principle behind it has been around for centuries: Exposing the body to extreme cold. We know from study and research that cold strengthens our immune system. You will find the same idea in the sauna: in the form of a plunge pool. Cryotherapy works the same way. But in a modern, efficient way. After 3 minutes you step out of the chamber like a different person. More energized, stronger and happier.
How cryotherapy works
This is what happens when our body experiences the extreme cold in the Whole Body Cryo chamber:
- Nerve endings in your skin (cold receptors) sound the alarm: you enter the so-called fight or flight mode!
- The blood withdraws to the vital organs in the core and starts to flow faster. The blood temperature may rise to 40 C.
- The feverish temperature effectively fights viruses in our blood, just like the flu.
- The body releases hormones and enzymes into the bloodstream to aid recovery.
- The oxygen content in the blood also increases due to the oxygen-rich climate in the chamber. Blood, rich in oxygen and nutrients repairs damaged tissue.
How does it work?
Read here how freezing works exactly Click on the icons for more information.
Start Freezing now
To really feel what Freezing does to you, we recommend several Freez Sessions in a short time. The ultimate way is to start with a Freez Challenge, a perfect boost for body and mind.
Stories from our customers
Read and see how others have experienced cryotherapy.
- Red Light Therapie
- Stand Up Tanning
Er zijn op dit moment geen verhalen.
View the schedule below